A drunken pirate is staggering up a gangplank from the dock to his ship. The gangplank is 5 paces wide and 15 paces long. We start watching the pirate when he is at the dock-end of the plank. If he takes more than 2 step left or right, he falls into the water and drowns. If he takes more than 15 steps forward, he will safely reach his ship.
Write a computer program to simulate the pirate’s drunken stagger as follows:
Read an integer from the user.
- If the integer is divisible by 2, the pirate takes a step forward.
- If the integer is not divisible by 2, but the integer minus 1 IS divisible by 4, the pirate takes a step to the right.
- Otherwise the pirate steps to the left.
- The computer must randomly pick another number in the range 1 to 100.
The simulation will stop when:
- The user enters a negative number. (The pirate presumably falls asleep on the dock).
- The pirate falls off the gangplank and drowns.
- The pirate makes it safely to his ship.
Display the pirate’s progress after each step.
IMAGE CREDIT: https://www.seaofthieves.com/